Video Content Sample from YouTube. Original Content was published on www.southsouthnews.com ~ Video and content servers are no longer active.
South-South News Inc., has closed its media operation and all other initiatives related to the Global Development Agenda.
Areas of Focus
Our focus is on the countries of the global South: Latin America, Africa, South and Southeast Asia, Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean. But we also go beyond regional coverage by reporting on the major themes and topics that impact all areas of the world, such as poverty, inequality, good governance, climate change, technology, culture, and human security.
We work within the four pillars of global development: The United Nations, governments, public sector, and civil society.
The United Nations System
- General Assembly
- Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- Security Council
- The specialized agencies, programs, and funds
- National, regional, and local governments and authorities
- Intergovernmental organizations
- World leaders
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Global businesses
- Private sector partnerships
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Civil society organizations
- Charities and foundations
- Citizens, local leaders, and community groups
- Indigenous peoples
Each pillar is comprised of actors big and small with many different areas of focus and expertise. However, the synergy between them, their cooperation, and their commitment to sustainable development must be highlighted in a special way to elevate their voices onto a global stage.
FAQ’s – South-South News
What is South-South Cooperation?
What is Public-Private-Partnerships?